Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Just say it, just do it

Okay, I am terrible.  I always think of nice things to say to people or things to do.  But I hardly ever act on it.  Like on Easter coming home from Church I wanted to give the nice little guy checking ID's at the gate some Easter candy, but didn't because I was afraid he'd think I was weird(okay Kolton was driving, I didn't want to embarrass him ha)  But I think that would have made his Easter a little better, having to work and all.

"I can live for two months on a good compliment." -Mark Twain

I love that, I found it in my old EFY notebook as I was cleaning out some stuff.  It's true, when you hear good things it makes you want to live up to those good things and makes your day, week, or even month a whole lot better.  I know I have blogged about this before.  About being the person to turn someones day around, but we all need reminders.  I know I do, so I challenge the few people that might read this.  Give at least one compliment a day for a whole week and see how it goes. (:

Now I just need to clarify on my last post.  I in no way meant that you have to have babies right away.  I was not intending it to sound like that.  I look up to those who are getting their education first, and doing things they want to do first.  I also look up to those who are able to fight the baby hunger. (I lost the fight ha) It's so smart to do school first then babies, because you would not be able to focus on school as much with a baby that you want to hold all the time. (I did go to school and work, just not as long as most) :) 
I only meant to let people know how enjoyable being a parent is, that babies are SO fun. Just sometimes movies make it seem like your life is over when you decide to have kids and I wanted to correct it.  But I guess everyone knows it's just starting a new chapter.  Anyway--just wanted to clear that up :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I don't know how many times I have said even a simple "Hi" to someone and seen the smile on their face! I work in an assisted living home for the elderly. It is so wonderful to see how a simple compliment or even a smile can brighten their whole day! I love having the opportunity to do that ever day! The most rewarding thing! As for the kid thing....I am as single as you get right now....so I don't know anything about that! But your little girl is SOOO cute! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just letting you know, again, that you brightened my day with your thoughtfulness! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete